Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Search for the Perfect Bun

I really love bunnies. In fact, I'm pretty much a bunny freak. (Anybody remember etsy's Bunny Lovers Gift Guide?) Anyway, I've been wanting to use a bunny design in my jewelry for forever. But I didn't want it to look generic or "clipart-ey". So I posted a call for bunny silhouettes over on my favourite Flickr group, Bunny Lovers Unite. And I found this image of an adorable bunny named Cadence.





With the owner's permission I turned the photo into a template.



Cadence's Silhouette



Then I added a tail and sawed a practice piece out of sheet copper. Cute, huh? :)



Copper Bun

5 comments:

MGoodell said...

thats so creative! nice job :)

Anonymous said...

so cute!

Anonymous said...

cadence is such a darling! I wish I could have a bunny... the hopping is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at you! What an excellent and creative way to get your template. Great job - and such a perfect little bunny!

Chocolate and Steel said...

I love seeing the process behind the final adorable bunny. Very cool!

Swidget 1.0